1. Improve “Whole Body” Strength – Most bodyweight exercises are movements that strengthen the entire body as a unit. The large muscle groups AND the supporting muscles, known as “synergists”, are strengthened. This give you functional strength that can be used in your every day life.
2. Greater Convenience – Forgot your weights? No problem. Don’t have a gym near you? That won’t stop you! Your body is it’s own gym. With bodyweight exercises you can workout no matter where you are… whether that’s your backyard, basement or even your hotel room.
3. No More Expensive Gym and Equipment Fees – The average gym membership costs around $55/month which amounts to $600/year. Wow! Even if you want to workout using equipment at home you’ll still end up paying a small fortune. Bench presses, dumb bells, bar bells… Sheesh! Count me out.
How much does it cost you to use your own bodyweight?
Nothing at all.
4. Strengthen “The Core” With Every Move – The core (abs, obliques and low back) is the key to almost every movement you can do. If you have a strong core than you’ll look better and be healthier. 99% of bodyweight exercises will help you strengthen the core either directly or indirectly as a stabilizer.
5. Don’t Have To Worry About Getting Injured – Bodyweight exercises are the ultimate workout system because they dramatically decrease the likelihood of injury. When you use weights its easy to pick up too much and injure yourself. When you use your own body its a natural safeguard against getting injured because it prevents you from going too far.